APPLY TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Japonaise Bakery is a family run bakery that has been proudly producing French pastries with a Japanese twist for over 30 years. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to learn about Japanese culture and cuisine!
We are looking for motivated and serious candidates for the following positions:
· Suitable candidate: preferably a morning person or an individual with exceptional time management skills.
· There are also afternoon and evening shifts. Please indicate on the application if this is your preference.
· Main responsibilities include: basic kitchen experience (ex. using a knife, safe handling/kitchen etiquette, cleaning up work space), dishwashing and cleaning.
· There are also opportunities to help bakers. Please indicate on your application if you are interested.
· Suitable candidate: someone who is a morning person, who is passionate and serious with the energy to pull through every task. Enjoys working in a fast paced kitchen environment. Open to constructive criticism and able to work at the speed of the business.
· We are currently looking for individuals with experience (whether professional or culinary school), however, we are willing to provide training to individuals who show passion and dedication. If candidate comes from no professional experience, we would ideally like someone who can work for at least 1 year.
· Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs and able to stand on their feet for 7+ hours.
· Suitable candidate: an individual who excels in service. The ideal candidate is an exceptional multi-tasker, likes to keep busy, and enjoys working as part of a hardworking team. Candidate must be able to lift 50lbs and able to stand on their feet for prolonged hours.
· Opening shifts are from 7:30 A.M. / Closing shifts are until 10 P.M.
· Main responsibilities include: managing all customer transactions, barista, packaging products, cleaning/washing, assisting basic kitchen tasks.
· English level: Conversational level required. Many of our products tend to be foreign so we are looking for someone who is able to explain the products to our customers should any questions arise.
· Suitable candidate: Enjoys working in a fast paced kitchen environment. Open to constructive criticism and able to work at the speed of the business.
· The ideal candidate is someone with flexible morning/ evening availability and highly detail oriented.
· We are currently looking for individuals with some culinary experience, however, we are willing to provide training to individuals who show passion and dedication. If candidate comes from no professional experience, we would ideally like someone who can work for at least 1 year.
· Pastry chefs’ shifts usually begin at 10 AM and can sometimes go until closing. The ideal candidate must be comfortable on their feet for prolonged periods of time.
Click here to download a job application.
We are hiring for both full time and part time positions with AM and PM shifts available. It is the perfect job opportunity for both students looking for part time work, or someone who seeks a long-term career in the baking industry. Experience is preferable but not mandatory; we are willing to put in the time to train you if you are dedicated, hard working, and serious about employment. The ideal candidate should have a heightened attention to detail, a sense of urgency, eagerness to learn, and great interpersonal skills. The preferred part time candidate will be able to work at least 2 shifts per week and looking to work for at least one year.
If you have any further questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-566-7730.